Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Trying to lose weight and Thankgiving is like trying to stay dry at a waterpark...it's possible but not a whole lot of fun.  Of course my overachiever wife already ran a 5K this morning, here is a picture.


She got a PR (personal record) today of 29:10.  The run was sold out before she could sign me up, so I didn't get to do it.  But I did run 3 miles night before last, and I did it in 34:30, so...I have some catching up to do! So proud of her.

But back to Thanksgiving.  So I can't think of a bigger weight loss trap than today.  Not only is there food everywhere, eating until you can barely breathe is wholeheartedly encouraged.  I literally just started seeing some gains, since last Saturday I had (and I mean had) lost 5 pounds.  However, Thanksgiving #1 last night at Shea's aunt's house resulted in waking up 3 pounds heavier.  I think that will be a whole seperate blog post all together, all the things that effect weight and the pros/cons of weighing in daily.  

So...today is one of those days I was talking about the other day.  "It's Thanksgiving, the gym is closed, it is cold outside, I can just take today off and run tomorrow." Then I will proceed to eat EVERYTHING in sight for the rest of the day, and probably end the week at or higher than I started.

Not this time.  As soon as I finish this post, I am taking myself outside and I am going to get in those 3 miles.  I will not eat until I get a food coma today.  Am I a little jealous of those who will...absolutely.  But I am on a bigger mission right now, and so I am willing to do what it takes.

I would be remiss on a day like today to not say that I am incredibly blessed with wonderful family and friends, a great job, a home to live in and healthy and happy children.  God has been very good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment